Specialties & Services
To date I've provided services mostly in certain areas in which I have experience and expertise, such as data science and analytics, research, predictive modeling, or more general IT work such as programming needs, web development, database architecture, and so on. However, I'm always working on learning new skills, new tools, and just plain learning.
Aside from technical work, I also have experience teaching English as a foreign or second language, and am reasonably articulate in Eastern Armenian. I've worked both as a teaching assistant and as a primary instructor in Economics (the latter in Armenian no less!), and have tutored in physics and math. While I haven't done any formal standardized-test tutoring, I'm happy to do so -- my only credentials being my own GRE scores of 164 Verbal (93rd percentile) and 163 Math (87th percentile).
- Programming (including but not limited to): Python, R, SQL, Stata, Ruby, Matlab, Bash
- Distributed Computing: More recently - Apache Spark & Storm; Previously - Apache Hadoop (& MapReduce), HBase, Hive, Impala
- Data Science & Analysis: Mining, Mapping, Extraction, Wrangling & Curation, Analysis & Visualization, really the full data lifecycle.
- Modeling / Analytics: regression (logistic, mixed effects, AR/MA, etc.) time-series/forecasting, basic machine learning & algorithms
- Misc Technical: Cloud platforms (Heroku, AWS), version control (git, some SVN), GIS (ArcGIS, QGIS), Linux servers & command-line environment
- Clinical / Healthcare: EMRs (Epic/Clarity, NextGen, Cerner, Allscripts, many others); National standards & ontologies (SNOMED-CT, ICD, LOINC, RxNorm, CPT, etc.)
Git Repos: (both below are usually kept in sync)